“Raksha Bandhan, a festival which celebrates the bond of affection between brother and sister is a day when siblings pray for each others well being and happiness.
On this auspicious day, brothers make a promise to protect their sisters from all the troubles and sisters pray to protect their brothers from all evil.
This Raksha Bandhan, let’s celebrate this bond of affection by not only making a promise to protect each other but also by pledging to protect the environment.
Sow these Rakhis into soil and see this bond of love grow into a beautiful plant.
Thank you! for celebrating the festival of bond earth friendly way.
“अंकुर” a collection of “DIY Rakhi Kit” by Ba No Batwo
Make, Tie, Sow and Grow……..
Make the thread of love and care with Ba No Batwo “DIY Rakhi Kit” and Tie beautiful “Hand-made” plantable seed bands to your loved ones. What makes these special bands more special is its plantable nature.
The Kit comes with a “Potali” of Karanj seeds, wooden beads, woolen threads and a needle. You can make 10+ creative Rakhis that grows into beautiful plant.
How to make :
– The Potali comes with 10 seeds, 6 of which are hand carved and printed.
– We have added 4 seeds without any design so that you can try your imagination and foster your creativity.
– The seeds come with the holes drilled at both the sides to thread and make the bands.
– Colorful wooden beads can be added to the woolen threads to make the bands pretty.
– Finally add some extra love and care to make the bands stronger.
– Visit our YouTube channel “BaNoBatwo” for more recipes.
How to grow :
– Take a mixture of Garden clay (50%) + soil (30%) + coco peat (20%) in a small pot. One can use lower part of discarded PET bottle or coconut shell.
– Remove the threads after wearing rakhi. Cut the outer shell with nail or knife in two parts. Remove the seed/seeds from shell and sow it, approx 1” deep into pot and sprinkle some mixture over it. water with spray. Keep the pot in shadow.
– The seeds will germinate in 4 to 5 days. It can then be shifted into a bigger pot.
– The shell can be composted.
– The seeds are of “Karanj” tree (Scientific name: Millettia pinnata). The inner seed is bitter in taste so keep away from small children. One can feel dizziness if swallowed.
This item is not eligible for return. Cancellation requests will be accepted strictly within 24 hours of placing the order only
All Ba No Batwo products are upcycled and handcrafted with utmost sincerity and care however due to delicate nature of work and human association, there may be slight discrepancies in the shape/ size/ texture and cannot be considered as defects.